Most titles in the reading program are available for free at the NKO portal or directly through a log-in from the Navy General Library Program. Some security restrictions may preclude downloading via Navy-owned computers, so downloading them to personally-owned devices may be necessary.
Follow these instructions to download e-books and audiobooks to your tablet, mobile device, or personal computer.
2. Under Login (top right menu), select either CAC or DS Logon. (Use your non-email certificate).
3. Click the A-Z Directory link. Near the bottom of the page, find the OverDrive link. Click on the Image and a new browser window will open on our Overdrive Site.
5. Click on Account.
6. Find the "new user" section.
7. Use ANY email account to establish a Navy Overdrive Account.
8. Download the Overdrive App for your device (https://app.overdrive.com/).
9. Create a User ID/ password specifically for the Overdrive App.
10. Login into the Overdrive App.
11. Search for 'Navy'.
12. Login to the Navy Overdrive Account you established.
Books can be checked out for 10 to 30 days.
The Navy General Library Program can be contacted at:
Facebook: Navy Reading