DOD Adjusts Imminent Danger Pay Areas
What You Need to Know
1. The following locations will no longer receive IDP, effective June 1, 2014:- The nine land areas of East Timor, Haiti, Liberia, Oman, Rwanda, Tajikistan, United Arab Emirates, Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan
- The six land areas and airspace above Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, and Montenegro
- The four water areas of the Arabian Sea, Gulf of Aden, Gulf of Oman, and the Red Sea
- The water area and air space above the Persian Gulf
2. IDP will remain in effect for:- Iraq
- Egypt within the U.S. Central Command area of responsibility.