WASHINGTON (NNS) -- This week's overview of alleged sexual assaults was compiled based on 21 initial reports across the Navy from July 21 - 27. This timeframe reflects only the receipt of the initial reports; two of the reported incidents occurred during this period, 17 occurred outside of the report period and two unknown. Each report will be fully investigated. Looking at this snapshot in time, we see the following:
* Seven reports were from events that occurred on-base, eight from an event that occurred off-base and six unknown.
* Twenty-four of the alleged offenders were male, two were female and one unknown.
* Among the 27 alleged offenders, one was an officer, eight were petty officers, nine were E3 and below, two were civilian and seven unknown.
* Eighteen of the reported incidents were alleged to be service member on service member, one non-service member on service member, one service member on non-service member and one unknown.
* Among the alleged victims, nine were petty officers, 10 were E3 and below, one was civilian and one unknown. Of these reported, the alleged victims were 17 females and four males.
To contact a Sexual Assault Response Coordinator at the Department of Defense Safe Help Line, call (877) 995-5247.
To learn more about Navy's Sexual Assault Prevention and Response program, visit www.sapr.navy.milhttp://www.sapr.navy.mil'>www.sapr.navy.mil>.