WASHINGTON (NNS) -- This week's overview of alleged sexual assaults was compiled based on 15 initial reports across the Navy from Aug. 4 - 10.
This timeframe reflects only the receipt of the initial reports; four of the reported incidents occurred during this period, 11 occurred outside of the report period. Each report will be fully investigated. Looking at this snapshot in time, we see the following:
* Four reports were from events that occurred on-base, seven from an event that occurred off-base and four unknown.
* Fourteen of the alleged offenders were male and one unknown.
* Among the 15 alleged offenders, five were petty officers, three were E3 and below, two were civilian and five unknown.
* Seven of the reported incidents were alleged to be service member on service member, two non-service member on service member, two service member on non-service member and four unknown.
* Among the alleged victims, five were petty officers and seven were E3 and below, two were civilian and one unknown. Of these reported, the alleged victims were 14 females and one male.
To contact a Sexual Assault Response Coordinator at the Department of Defense Safe Help Line, call (877) 995-5247.
To learn more about Navy's Sexual Assault Prevention and Response program, visit www.sapr.navy.milhttp://www.sapr.navy.mil'>www.sapr.navy.mil>.