WASHINGTON (NNS) -- This week's overview of alleged sexual assaults was compiled based on 24 initial reports across the Navy from Sept. 8-14.
This timeframe reflects only the receipt of the initial reports; one of the reported incidents occurred during this period, 22 occurred outside of the report period and one was unknown. Each report will be fully investigated. Looking at this snapshot in time, we see the following:
* Sixteen reports were from events that occurred on-base, four from an event that occurred off-base and four unknown.
* Twenty-one of the alleged offenders were male and one was female and one was unknown.
* Among the 23 alleged offenders, one was an officer, one was a midshipman, seven were petty officers, six were E3 and below, two were civilians and six were unknown.
* Seventeen of the reported incidents were alleged to be service member on service member, three non service member on service member, one service member on non-service member and three unknown.
* Among the alleged victims, one was an officer, one was a midshipman, five were petty officers, eight were E3 and below, two were civilians, and two were unknown. Of these reported, the alleged victims were 15 females and four males.
To contact a Sexual Assault Response Coordinator at the Department of Defense Safe Help Line, call (877) 995-5247.
To learn more about Navy's Sexual Assault Prevention and Response program, visit www.sapr.navy.mil.