WASHINGTON (NNS) -- This week's overview of alleged sexual assaults was compiled based on 21 initial reports across the Navy from Sept. 15-21. This timeframe reflects only the receipt of the initial reports; five of the reported incidents occurred during this period, 14 occurred outside of the report period and two were unknown. Each report will be fully investigated. Looking at this snapshot in time, we see the following:
* Nine reports were from events that occurred on-base, four from an event that occurred off-base and eight unknown.
* Eighteen of the alleged offenders were male and two were unknown.
* Among the 20 alleged offenders, one was a midshipman, nine were petty officers, four were E3 and below, two were civilians and four were unknown.
* Thirteen of the reported incidents were alleged to be service member on service member, one non service member on service member, two service member on non-service member and five unknown.
* Among the alleged victims, one was a midshipman, four were petty officers, ten were E3 and below, three were civilians and three were unknown. Of these reported, the alleged victims were 18 females, two were males and one unknown.
To contact a Sexual Assault Response Coordinator at the Department of Defense Safe Help Line, call (877) 995-5247.
To learn more about Navy's Sexual Assault Prevention and Response program, visit www.sapr.navy.mil.