WASHINGTON (NNS) -- This week's overview of alleged sexual assaults was compiled based on 25 initial reports across the Navy from Oct. 6 - 12. This timeframe reflects only the receipt of the initial reports; three of the reported incidents occurred during this period, 18 occurred outside of the report period and four were unknown. Each report will be fully investigated. Looking at this snapshot in time, we see the following:
* Seventeen reports were from events that occurred on-base, six from an event that occurred off-base and two unknown.
* Twenty-five of the alleged offenders were male and one was female.
* Among the 26 alleged offenders, one was an officer, seven were chief petty officers, three were petty officers, five were E3 and below, four were civilian and six were unknown.
* Nineteen of the reported incidents were alleged to be service member on service member, two non service member on service member, two service member on non-service member and four unknown.
* Among the alleged victims, nine were petty officers, 12 were E3 and below, five were civilians and one unknown. Of these reported, the alleged victims were 22 females and five were males.
To contact a Sexual Assault Response Coordinator at the Department of Defense Safe Help Line, call (877) 995-5247.
To learn more about Navy's Sexual Assault Prevention and Response program, visit www.sapr.navy.mil.