WASHINGTON (NNS) -- This week's overview of alleged sexual assaults was compiled based on 23 initial reports across the Navy from Nov. 10-16.
This timeframe reflects only the receipt of the initial reports; three of the reported incidents occurred during this period, 16 occurred outside of the report period and four reports incidents' timeframe were unknown. Each report will be fully investigated. Looking at this snapshot in time, we see the following:
* Nine reports were from events that occurred on-base, six from an event that occurred off-base and eight unknown.
* Among the 20 alleged offenders, one was an officer, four were chief petty officers, three were petty officers, four were E3 and below, one was civilian and seven were unknown.
* Seventeen of the alleged offenders were male, one was female and two were unknown.
* Fourteen of the reported incidents were alleged to be service member on service member, one was non-service member on service member, four were service member on non-service member and four were unknown.
* Among the alleged victims, one was an officer, one was a chief, five were petty officers, seven were E3 and below and four were civilians and two were unknown. Sixteen of the alleged victims were females, three were male and one was unknown.
To contact a Sexual Assault Response Coordinator at the Department of Defense Safe Help Line, call (877) 995-5247.
To learn more about Navy's Sexual Assault Prevention and Response program, visit www.sapr.navy.milhttp://www.sapr.navy.mil'>www.sapr.navy.mil>.