WASHINGTON (NNS) -- This week's overview of alleged sexual assaults was compiled based on 20 initial reports across the Navy from Jan. 5-11. This timeframe reflects only the receipt of the initial reports; two of the reported incidents occurred during this period, seventeen occurred outside the report period and one was unknown. Each report will be fully investigated. Looking at this snapshot in time, we see the following:
* Thirteen reports were from events that occurred on-base, three from events that occurred off-base and four were unknown.
* Among the 22 alleged offenders, one was a chief petty officer, 11 were petty officers, three were E3 and below and seven were unknown.
* Nineteen of the alleged offenders were male, one was female and two were unknown.
* Twelve of the reported incidents were alleged to be service member on service member, one non-service member on service member, two service member on non-service member and five were unknown.
* Among the 20 alleged victims, eleven were petty officers, seven were E3 and below and two were civilians. Eighteen of the alleged victims were female and two were male.
To contact a Sexual Assault Response Coordinator at the Department of Defense Safe Help Line, call (877) 995-5247.
To learn more about Navy's Sexual Assault Prevention and Response program, visit www.sapr.navy.mil.