WASHINGTON (NNS) -- This week's overview of alleged sexual assaults was compiled based on 26 initial reports across the Navy from Jan. 12-18. This timeframe reflects only the receipt of the initial reports; six of the reported incidents occurred during this period, seventeen occurred outside the report period and three were unknown. Each report will be fully investigated. Looking at this snapshot in time, we see the following:
* Eleven reports were from events that occurred on-base, eight were from events that occurred off-base and seven were unknown.
* Among the 26 alleged offenders, two were chief petty officers, seven were petty officers, seven were E3 and below, one was a civilian and nine were unknown.
* Twenty-one of the alleged offenders were male and five were unknown.
* Thirteen of the reported incidents were alleged to be service member on service member, one non-service member on service member, five service member on non-service member and seven were unknown.
* Among the 26 alleged victims, one was an officer, five were petty officers, 14 were E3 and below, five were civilians and one was unknown. Twenty-one of the alleged victims were female and five were male.
To contact a Sexual Assault Response Coordinator at the Department of Defense Safe Help Line, call (877) 995-5247.
To learn more about Navy's Sexual Assault Prevention and Response program, visit www.sapr.navy.milhttp://www.sapr.navy.mil'>www.sapr.navy.mil>.