WASHINGTON (NNS) -- This week's overview of alleged sexual assaults was compiled based on 10 initial reports across the Navy from February 2-8. This timeframe reflects only the receipt of the initial reports; two of the reported incidents occurred during this period and eight occurred outside the report period. Each report will be fully investigated. Looking at this snapshot in time, we see the following:
* Three reports were from events that occurred on-base, four were from events that occurred off-base and three were unknown.
* Among the 11 alleged offenders, three were petty officers, four were civilians and four were unknown.
* Ten of the alleged offenders were male and one was unknown.
* Three of the reported incidents were alleged to be service member on service member, two non-service member on service member, one service member on non-service member and four were unknown.
* Among the nine alleged victims, two were petty officers, five were E3 and below and two were civilians. All nine of the alleged victims were female.
To contact a Sexual Assault Response Coordinator at the Department of Defense Safe Help Line, call (877) 995-5247.
To learn more about Navy's Sexual Assault Prevention and Response program, visit www.sapr.navy.mil.