WASHINGTON (NNS) -- This week's overview of alleged sexual assaults was compiled based on 13 initial reports across the Navy from Feb. 9-15. This timeframe reflects only the receipt of the initial reports; one of the reported incidents occurred during this period and 12 occurred outside the report period. Each report will be fully investigated. Looking at this snapshot in time, we see the following:
* Five reports were from events that occurred on-base and eight were from events that occurred off-base.
* Among the 15 alleged offenders, one was an officer, nine were petty officers, one was E3 and below, three were civilians and one was unknown.
* Fifteen of the alleged offenders were male.
* Ten of the reported incidents were alleged to be service member on service member, two non-service member on service member and one service member on non-service member.
* Among the 13 alleged victims, one was an officer, seven were petty officers, four were E3 and below and one was a civilian. Eleven of the alleged victims were female and two were male.
To contact a Sexual Assault Response Coordinator at the Department of Defense Safe Help Line, call (877) 995-5247.
To learn more about Navy's Sexual Assault Prevention and Response program, visit www.sapr.navy.mil.