WASHINGTON (NNS) -- This week's overview of alleged sexual assaults was compiled based on eight initial reports across the Navy from Feb. 16-22. This timeframe reflects only the receipt of the initial reports; two of the reported incidents occurred during this period, four occurred outside the report period and two were unknown. Each report will be fully investigated. Looking at this snapshot in time, we see the following:
* Five reports were from events that occurred on-base, two were from events that occurred off-base and one was unknown.
* Among the eight alleged offenders, one was a midshipman, two were petty officers, three were E3 and below and two were unknown.
* Seven of the alleged offenders were male and one was unknown.
* Six of the reported incidents were alleged to be service member on service member and two were unknown.
* Among the eight alleged victims, one was a midshipman, five were petty officers and two were E3 and below. Eight of the alleged victims were female.
To contact a Sexual Assault Response Coordinator at the Department of Defense Safe Help Line, call (877) 995-5247.
To learn more about Navy's Sexual Assault Prevention and Response program, visit www.sapr.navy.mil.