WASHINGTON (NNS) -- This week's overview of alleged sexual assaults was compiled based on 13 initial reports across the Navy from April 6-12. This timeframe reflects only the receipt of the initial reports; one occurred inside the report period, 11 occurred outside the report period and one occurred during an unknown report period. Each report will be fully investigated. Looking at this snapshot in time, we see the following:
* Six reports were from events that occurred on-base, five were from events that occurred off-base, and two were from events that occurred at unknown locations.
* Among the 15 alleged offenders, three were chief petty officers, four were petty officers, four were E3 and below, one was a civilian and three were unknown.
* Fifteen of the alleged offenders were male.
* Ten of the reported incidents were alleged to be service member on service member, one was non-service member on service member, and two were unknown.
* Among the 15 alleged victims, six were petty officers, seven were E3 and below, one was a civilian and one was unknown. Thirteen of the alleged victims were female and two were male.
To contact a Sexual Assault Response Coordinator at the Department of Defense Safe Help Line, call (877) 995-5247.
To learn more about Navy's Sexual Assault Prevention and Response program, visit www.sapr.navy.milhttp://www.sapr.navy.mil'>www.sapr.navy.mil>.