WASHINGTON (NNS) -- This week's overview of alleged sexual assaults is compiled based on 14 initial reports across the Navy from June 1-7. This timeframe reflects only the receipt of the initial reports; one of the reported incidents occurred during this period, 12 occurred outside of the report period and one occurred during an unknown period. Each report will be fully investigated. Looking at this snapshot in time, we see the following:
* Five reports are from events that occurred on-base, eight are from events that occurred off-base, and one is from an event at an unknown location.
* Among the 16 alleged offenders, two were officers, one was a chief petty officer, four were petty officers, two were civilians, and seven were unknown.
* Thirteen of the alleged offenders were male and three were unknown.
* Seven of the reported incidents were alleged to be service member on service member, two were non-service member on service member, one was service member on non-service member, and four were unknown.
* Among the 14 alleged victims, two were officers, three were petty officers, eight were E3 and below and one was a civilian. Twelve of the alleged victims were female and two were male.
To contact a Sexual Assault Response Coordinator at the Department of Defense Safe Help Line, call (877) 995-5247.
To learn more about Navy's Sexual Assault Prevention and Response program, visit www.sapr.navy.mil.