WASHINGTON (NNS) -- This week's overview of alleged sexual assaults is compiled based on nine initial reports across the Navy from June 15-21. This timeframe reflects only the receipt of the initial reports; two of the reported incidents occurred during this period and seven occurred outside of the report period. Each report will be fully investigated. Looking at this snapshot in time, we see the following:
* Three reports are from events that occurred on-base, five are from an event that occurred off-base, and one is from events at unknown location.
* Among the nine alleged offenders, two were petty officers, one was E-3 and below, five were civilians, and one was unknown.
* Seven of the alleged offenders were male, one was female and one was unknown.
* Four of the reported incidents were alleged to be service member on service member and five were non-service member on service member.
* Among the 10 alleged victims, one was an officer, six were petty officers and three were E-3 and below. Six of the alleged victims were female and four were male.
To contact a Sexual Assault Response Coordinator at the Department of Defense Safe Help Line, call (877) 995-5247.
To learn more about Navy's Sexual Assault Prevention and Response program, visit www.sapr.navy.mil.