WASHINGTON (NNS) -- This week's overview of alleged sexual assaults is compiled based on seven initial reports across the Navy from July 13-19. This timeframe reflects only the receipt of the initial reports; two of the reported incidents occurred during this period, four occurred outside of the report period and one occurred at an unknown time. Each report will be fully investigated. Looking at this snapshot in time, we see the following:
* Three reports are from events that occurred on-base, three are from events that occurred off-base and one occurred at unknown location.
* Of the seven alleged offenders, four were petty officers and three were unknown.
* Five of the alleged offenders were male and two were unknown.
* Three of the reported incidents were alleged to be service member on service member, one was non-service member on service member, one was service member on non-service member and two were unknown.
* Among the seven alleged victims, one was an officer, two were petty officers, three were E-3 and below and one was a civilian. Six of the alleged victims were female and one was male.
To contact a Sexual Assault Response Coordinator at the Department of Defense Safe Help Line, call (877) 995-5247.
To learn more about Navy's Sexual Assault Prevention and Response program, visit www.sapr.navy.milhttp://www.sapr.navy.mil'>www.sapr.navy.mil>.