WASHINGTON (NNS) -- This week's overview of alleged sexual assaults is compiled based on 13 initial reports across the Navy from July 27-Aug. 2. This timeframe reflects only the receipt of the initial reports; four of the reported incidents occurred during this period, seven occurred outside of the report period and two occurred at an unknown time. Each report will be fully investigated. Looking at this snapshot in time, we see the following:
* Six reports are from events that occurred on-base, six are from events that occurred off-base and one occurred at an unknown location.
* Of the 13 alleged offenders, one was a chief petty officer, 10 were petty officers, one was E-3 and below and one was unknown.
* Thirteen of the alleged offenders were male.
* Ten of the reported incidents were alleged to be service member on service member, one was non-service member on service member and two were service member on non-service member.
* Among the 13 alleged victims, nine were petty officers, two were E-3 and below, one was a civilian and one was unknown. Twelve of the alleged victims were female and one was male.
To contact a Sexual Assault Response Coordinator at the Department of Defense Safe Help Line, call (877) 995-5247.
To learn more about Navy's Sexual Assault Prevention and Response program, visit www.sapr.navy.milhttp://www.sapr.navy.mil'>www.sapr.navy.mil>.