WASHINGTON (NNS) -- This week's overview of alleged sexual assaults is compiled based on nine initial reports across the Navy from August 24-30. This timeframe reflects only the receipt of the initial reports; all nine of the reported incidents occurred outside of the report period. Each report will be fully investigated. Looking at this snapshot in time, we see the following:
* Nine reports are from events that occurred on-base.
* Of the nine alleged offenders, one was a chief petty officer, four were petty officers, three were E-3 and below and one was a civilian.
* Eight of the alleged offenders were male and one was female.
* Nine of the reported incidents were alleged to be service member on service member.
* Among the nine alleged victims, three were petty officers, five were E-3 and below and one was a civilian. Five of the alleged victims were female and four were male.
To contact a Sexual Assault Response Coordinator at the Department of Defense Safe Help Line, call (877) 995-5247.
To learn more about Navy's Sexual Assault Prevention and Response program, visit www.sapr.navy.milhttp://www.sapr.navy.mil'>www.sapr.navy.mil>.