On July 21, 1990, Barbara Bush broke a ceremonial bottle of champagne over the bow of the Navy's newest nuclear-powered aircraft carrier, USS George Washington (CVN 73), officially christening the ship.
Navy News Service Top Stories Top Stories RSS Feed
Cruiser-destroyer (CRUDES) warships and their associated helicopter detachments from USS John C. Stennis (CVN 74) Carrier Strike Group (CSG) departed Naval Base San Diego for a Surface Warfare Advanced Tactical Training (SWATT) exercise, April 16.
U.S. and partner nation personnel participating in Pacific Partnership 2018 aboard the U.S. Navy hospital ship USNS Mercy (T-AH 19), arrived in Port Kelang, Malaysia, April 16.
Headlines from Around the Fleet Other Headlines RSS Feed
- Milius to Depart San Diego, Forward Deploy to 7th Fleet
- Truman Strike Group Enters European Theater
- CENSECFOR Hosts Top Hatters Squadron
- Michael Murphy Returns from Deployment
- Navy Establishes Command to Ensure Readiness of Warships Forward Deployed in Japan
- Iwo Jima Sailors and Marines Participate in Boston Strong 5K
- CNP Issues Call to Action to Increase Navy Retention
- Navy Cryptologic Technicians, Interactive On-Net Operators Receive Special Duty Assignment Pay
- The Guardian Angel of NHCCP
- Sexual Health: Be Safe! Be Smart! Be Informed
- Guests Embark the Future USS Portland for a River Transit
- Sexual Assault Prevention and Response: Keeping Your Shipmate Safe
- HSC-25 Rescues Stranded Hikers Near Cetti Bay
- TSC San Diego Emphasizes Teamwork at 2018 SAPR Cup
- Singapore Military Community Observes Days of Remembrance