Petty Officer 2nd Class Mark A. Mayo will be posthumously awarded the Navy and Marine Corps Medal on Friday at Arlington National Cemetery. Mayo, 24, was killed during a shooting incident at Naval Station Norfolk Monday, Mar. 24. Mayo was assigned to Naval Security Forces, Naval Station Norfolk.
Navy News Service Top Stories Top Stories RSS Feed
The Chief of Naval Personnel (CNP) and Fleet Master Chief April Beldo, Moran's senior enlisted advisor, addressed Sailors and answered questions at the Association of the United States Navy's 1st Annual Career Development Symposium (AUSN), April 23 in Norfolk, Va.
Chief of Naval Operations (CNO) and the U.S. Pacific Fleet commander joined over 20 maritime leaders April 22 at the 14th Western Pacific Naval Symposium (WPNS) to exchange ideas and agree upon procedures affecting maritime conduct at sea.
Navy Blog Headlines Navy Blog RSS Feed
By Capt. James Wyatt Executive Assistant to the Commander, U.S. Pacific Fleet With the abundance of episodic national media coverage surrounding sexual assault events within the U.S. military and the […]
By Adm. Bruce Clingan Commander, U.S. Naval Forces Europe-Africa OBANGAME EXPRESS, a U.S. Africa Command-sponsored multinational exercise now in its fourth year, wrapped up today after successfully bringing together 20 […]
Headlines from Around the Fleet Other Headlines RSS Feed
- New Detail on Former Blue Angels CO Investigation
- Makin Island Leads "Green" Efforts through Earth Day
- Naval Weapons Station Yorktown Hosts Voting Assistance Workshop for Military Voting Officers
- Acquisition Process Challenges Leaders Advancing Rapid Transfer Technology to the Fleet
- USNS Spearhead Participates in Exercise Obangame Express
- NSE Promotes Environmental Awareness on Earth Day
- Electronic Attack Squadron 132 Participates in Exercise Max Thunder
- Congressmen Visit Forward-Deployed Aircraft Carrier
- Obangame Express 2014 Concludes
- USNS Spearhead Arrives in Libreville, Gabon for Port Visit
- Shamal Paves the Road to Excellence
- New Naval Hospital Guam Welcomes First Baby
- American Red Cross Volunteers recognized at NHB
- Training to Kill Africa's Deadly Enemy - Malaria Mosquitoes
- NDW Officer a becomes First Navy Expeditionary Supply Corps Officers