Arleigh Burke-class guided-missile destroyer USS Oscar Austin (DDG 79) departed Naval Station Norfolk Nov. 21 for a deployment to the U.S. 6th Fleet area of responsibility (AOR).
Navy News Service Top Stories Top Stories RSS Feed
Two U.S. Naval supply ships collided in the Gulf of Aden Nov. 20 at 5:26 a.m. (GMT) with no injuries to crew members.
U.S. and Japan Self-Defense Forces (JSDF) wrapped up Exercise Keen Sword 15 with a display of naval and air power of 19 ships and seven aircraft operating in formation a few hundred miles off the coast of Southern Japan, Nov. 19.
Subscribe to Navy News
Headlines from Around the Fleet Other Headlines RSS Feed
- Sexual Assault Reports: Week of November 10 - 16, 2014
- 2014 Navy Community Service Environmental Stewardship Flagship Award Winners Announced
- Naval Special Warfare's CPO 365 Takes on SEAL 'O Course'
- USS Olympia Thankful Port Visit to Yokosuka
- Cape St. George Visits Busan during Western Pacific Deployment
- USS Albuquerque Sailors Honored for Heroism in Campground Fire
- Navy Recruiting District San Diego Expands Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Initiative
- Naval Academy Class of 2015 Receives Service Assignments
- NMCP Corpsman Named Navy Medicine East Sailor of the Year
- LCSRON 1 Sailor Named Mineman of the Year
- Naval Base Ventura County Wins Southwest Region Installation Excellence Award
- LCS Crew 111 Commissioned For Duty
- Chaplain Corps Celebrates 239 Years of Service
- USS Gettysburg Honors Civil War Hero
- Lincoln Sailors Visit Their Namesake's Past to Prepare for the Ship's Future