The USS George Washington Strike Group (GWSG) returned to its forward-operating location of Commander, Fleet Activities Yokosuka, Japan, Dec. 5, to conclude the second half of its 2013 patrol.
Navy News Service Top Stories Top Stories RSS Feed
Just a few days shy of the 72nd anniversary of the Japanese attack on U.S. forces at Pearl Harbor, Sailors and Marines manned the rails of the aircraft carrier USS Nimitz (CVN 68) as they entered the harbor Dec. 3.
The Navy's newest, most advanced maritime patrol and reconnaissance aircraft, the P-8A Poseidon, arrived in Kadena Air Base, Okinawa, Japan for its inaugural deployment Dec. 1.
Navy Blog Headlines Navy Blog RSS Feed
Faces of the Fleet takes a look at YOUR Navy operating forward. These images represent the greatest Sailors in the greatest Navy in the world leading from the deck plates, […]
Editor’s note: The Department of the Navy sexual assault survey for 2013 is open until Jan. 6, 2014. The password for all military participants is 2013Survey. By Rear Adm. Sean Buck Director, 21st […]
Headlines from Around the Fleet Other Headlines RSS Feed
- Navy Bandmaster Guest Conductor with New England Conservatory Symphony
- Lincoln Sailor Provides Morale Support to Families with Sick Children
- Gary Sinise and the Lt. Dan Band Performed Free USO Concert for D.C. Navy Community
- SAPR Survey Essential to Preventing Incidents
- Sailors, Okinawa Children Welcome Holiday Season with Mochi Balls
- Maritime Operations Center Workshop Commences with ECCAS Coastal Nations in Cameroon
- Tailored Career Guidance Resource is Free for Sailors' Lifetime
- Gary Sinise and the Lt. Dan Band Host USO Concert
- Marianas-Based Civilian Mariners Renew Basic Life Support Certifications
- Public Health Center Hosts World AIDS Day Webinar
- American Alliance of Museums Leaders Visit Naval History and Heritage Command
- EODMU-5 Partners with Singapore Navy for Joint Training
- Harry S. Truman Supports Dubai Airshow
- George Washington Completes Ammunition Off-load with Charles Drew
- The Big One - GW's Biggest RAS