Sailors on Nimitz-class aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson (CVN 70) manned the rails Aug. 22 as they headed out to the Pacific Ocean for a planned overseas deployment.
Navy News Service Top Stories Top Stories RSS Feed
Effective immediately, commanding officers and officers-in-charge may approve waivers to the one-year requirement that Sailors must be on board their first permanent duty station (PDS) to be eligible for Tuition Assistance (TA) according to a NAVADMIN released Aug. 21.
Chief of Naval Operations (CNO) Adm. Jonathan Greenert visited Naval Surface Warfare Center, Carderock Division (NSWCCD) and hosted an All Hands call to address Navy civilian employees, including scientists and engineers largely responsible for designing fleet ships and ship systems, Aug. 19.
Subscribe to Navy News
Headlines from Around the Fleet Other Headlines RSS Feed
- Submarine Group 2 Disestablishes
- USS Makin Island ARG Departs Hong Kong
- NMCPHC Holds Change of Command
- Naval Special Warfare Group TWO Change of Hands, Plans, and Command
- USS Cole Deploys to 6th Fleet
- Carl Vinson Carrier Strike Group Departs for Deployment
- Mexican Navy Delegation Visits NSSA
- USS Dewey Command Master Chief Relieved
- Buffalo Sailors Donate Blood to Armed Services Blood Program
- USS Columbus Returns to Pearl Harbor
- Neutral Nations Supervisory Commission Visits 7th Fleet Commander Onboard USS Blue Ridge
- "Iron Nickel" Steams Into Sasebo
- NMCP Celebrates 102nd Dental Corps Birthday
- USFF Foreign Liaison Officers Visit OTCN
- USS Pinckney and USS Kidd Return from Deployment