The aircraft carrier USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN 69) (Ike) moved from Dry Dock 8 to pier 42/43 at Norfolk Naval Shipyard (NNSY) in Portsmouth, Virginia, Aug. 26.
Navy News Service Top Stories Top Stories RSS Feed
The Carl Vinson Carrier Strike Group departed Aug. 22 for a scheduled deployment to the Western Pacific and U.S. Central Command area of responsibility.
Effective immediately, commanding officers and officers-in-charge may approve waivers to the one-year requirement that Sailors must be on board their first permanent duty station (PDS) to be eligible for Tuition Assistance (TA) according to a NAVADMIN released Aug. 21.
Subscribe to Navy News
Headlines from Around the Fleet Other Headlines RSS Feed
- Five Things You Need to Know about Vella Gulf's Time in the Black Sea
- Joint Region Marianas Celebrates Women's Equality Day
- USS Columbus Holds Change of Command
- Message Clarifies Medical Record Disposition
- USS Norfolk Returns from Final Deployment
- Not If but When - Earthquake Preparation a Naval Hospital Bremerton Standard
- NAVFAC Southeast Awards F-35 Maintenance Hangar Contract
- Under Secretary of Defense Visits JB Charleston
- Ship Stores Receive Enhanced Point of Sale System
- USS Greeneville Returns Home
- USS Vella Gulf Departs Black Sea
- Chicago NROTC Midshipmen Complete Freshmen Orientation at Great Lakes
- Frank Cable Sailors Volunteer to Help Reclaim Public Parks
- NBK Holds SAPR Victim Advocate Refresher Training
- Northwest Chief Selects Graduate USS Turner Joy CPO Legacy Academy