Littoral combat ship (LCS) USS Jackson (LCS 6) successfully fired a SeaRAM missile against an aerial drone, destroying the target in a test off the Southern California coast, April 22.
Navy News Service Top Stories Top Stories RSS Feed
The Navy will christen its newest Virginia-class fast attack submarine, the future USS Indiana (SSN 789), during an 11 a.m. EDT ceremony Saturday, April 29 at Huntington Ingalls Shipyard in Newport News, Virginia.
The entire crew, including two pilots and one aircrewman, were safely recovered by USS Dewey (DDG 105) after their MH-60R Sea Hawk helicopter crashed in waters near Guam.
Headlines from Around the Fleet Other Headlines RSS Feed
- TSC Students Gather in Recognition of Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- Keep Your Shipmates Safe - Participate In National Take Back Day
- TSC Names 2nd Quarter Top Sailors
- HST Wins CNO Afloat Safety Award
- NAVFAC Southeast Awards $30 Million Engineering Contract
- Navy Vet/Wounded Warrior Career Summit Offers Opportunities, Resources
- IWTC Corry Station Improves Student Fitness
- NSWC Panama City expands advantage with unmanned aircraft certification
- Pacific Leadership Commemorate ANZAC Day
- NAVFAC Hawaii Honors 2017 Employees of the Year
- US, Egyptian Naval Forces Conclude Exercise Eagle Salute 2017
- NRL Breakthrough Enables Safer Alternative to Lithium-ion Batteries
- Arleigh Burke Crew Promotes SAPR Victim Awareness
- Reaching High Reliability Through Recognition
- NAVSUP FLC Bahrain Participates in Denim Day