Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (SPAWAR) integrated a system of systems operability testing (SOT) capability for combatant ships onboard USS Curtis Wilbur (DDG 54), which just completed an availability and sea trial period utilizing the new SOT combat readiness testing, March 6.
Navy News Service Top Stories Top Stories RSS Feed
The Pay and Personnel Administrative Support System (PASS) program has created more than 30 standard operating procedures (SOP) to help Sailors perform their day-to-day personnel activities like travel claims and updating records Navy administrators said recently.
Sailors aboard USS Gunston Hall (LSD 44) and the Portsmouth, Virginia, Fire and Rescue Department responded to a fire aboard the amphibious dock landing ship at approximately 2 p.m. while the ship was undergoing a maintenance availability at NASSCO/Earl Industries shipyard in Portsmouth, Va.
Subscribe to Navy News
Headlines from Around the Fleet Other Headlines RSS Feed
- SWO Boss Stresses Importance of Shipboard Zone Inspection Program
- Military Sealift Command Expeditionary Port Unit Builds Thai Relations during Cobra Gold
- Frank Cable Sailors Look to Advance
- 100 Future Sailors Commit to Life at Sea During Houston Rodeo
- NMCRS Aims High for 2015
- Center for Naval Aviation Technical Training (CNATT) Unit Keesler Recognized for Community Service
- First Australians Graduate Growler Program
- Museum Hosts Women in the Navy Panel
- SUBLANT Recognizes 2014 Sailors of the Year
- USO Spring Tour Comes to Naples
- U.S. Navy Ships Strengthen Ties with Republic of Korea for Foal Eagle Exercises
- Sailors, Navy Fire and Emergency Services Partner to Extinguish Grass Fire
- Navy Assisting in Search for Missing Hawaii Hiker
- Quick Shot Puts 'Combat' in Combat Camera
- Navy Adds Measures to Enhance Safety During Shipboard Flight Operations