Commander, U.S. Naval Forces Central Command (NAVCENT)/U.S. 5th Fleet (C5F)/Combined Maritime Forces (CMF) held a change-of-command ceremony aboard the Nimitz-class aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN 71), in port here Sept. 3.
Navy News Service Top Stories Top Stories RSS Feed
More than 400 service members, veterans, government employees, foreign leaders, and civilians attended the commemoration of the 70th anniversary of the end of World War II held aboard the Battleship Missouri Memorial on historic Ford Island, Sept. 2.
After a two-day delay due to tropical storm conditions, the Navy's fourth Mobile User Objective System (MUOS) satellite launched at 6:18 a.m. EDT from Space Launch Complex 41.
Subscribe to Navy News
Headlines from Around the Fleet Other Headlines RSS Feed
- Naval War College Graduates 34 Operational Planners
- Surface Electronic Warfare Improvement Program Block 3 Completes Preliminary Design Review
- Air Training Center Hosts CFC 5K Color Run, CSADD Picnic
- USS New Mexico Returns From Six-Month Deployment
- CID Unit Corry Station Graduates Cyber Warriors
- F-35C Detachment Visits NAS Fallon For the First Time
- San Diego Team Feeds 'Three Presidents Crew' During Historic 3-Carrier Swap
- Pacific Submarine Force Holds Change of Command
- DoN Personnel Receive Awards for Logistics Excellence
- Sexual Assault Reports: Week of August 24-30, 2015
- ONR S&T Demonstration Prepares for Kick Off, Showcases AUVs
- VAQ-209 Successfully Employs First Air-to-Air Missile
- Large Displacement Unmanned Underwater Vehicle Program Achieves Acquisition Milestone
- San Diego Warships Host MCPON
- Navy Names Littoral Combat Ship