Secretary of the Navy Ray Mabus embarked the future USS America (LHA 6) as she transited the Strait of Magellan during her maiden voyage, "America Visits the Americas," Aug. 19.
Navy News Service Top Stories Top Stories RSS Feed
The Navy's top leader released a detailed plan Tuesday that highlights the U.S. Navy's intended track and investments for the next five fiscal years.
U.S. Navy underwater archeologists, in conjunction with Indonesian Navy divers, have assessed in an interim report that the wrecked vessel surveyed in the Java Sea in June is "consistent with the identification" of the World War II wreck of the cruiser USS Houston (CA 30).
Subscribe to Navy News
Headlines from Around the Fleet Other Headlines RSS Feed
- NNPP Addresses Integrity Issue at Nuclear power Training Unit
- Hawaii visits Yokosuka during Western Pacific Deployment
- USS Makin Island Visits Hong Kong
- Sexual Assault Reports: Week of August 11 - 17, 2014
- NMCB 4 Relieves NMCB 1 in the Pacific
- NATTC Donates Four Tons of Food to Feed Needy
- Philadelphia University Girl Scout STEM Summer Camp visits NAVSSES
- Navy Installations in Japan, Guam and Hawaii to Participate in Citadel Pacific 2014
- USS Constitution Commences 2014 CPO Heritage Weeks
- Rogers: Cybercom Defending Networks, Nation
- Naval Base Guam, Tenant Commands Prepare Local Elementary School for First Day
- Anchorage Conducts Change of Command Ceremony
- NWC Symposium Examines Career Opportunities, Costs of Ethical Conduct
- Assistant Secretary of the Navy Visits RTC
- USS Tortuga Hosts Change of Command