WASHINGTON (NNS) -- In an effort to provide conversion opportunities ahead of the Enlisted Retention Board, NAVADMIN 160/11 was released May 9, to waive some standard conversion requirements and provide Sailors with the guidelines for submitting applications.
The goal of the ERB is to re-balance manning in 31 overmanned ratings, improve advancement rates, and increase Perform to Serve (PTS) opportunity.
"Leadership respects and values the service of our Sailors," explained Rear Admiral Tony Kurta, head of personnel policy. "By providing increased opportunity to convert to undermanned rates, our goal is to keep high performing Sailors in the Navy while increasing competition and advancement opportunity in those overmanned ratings."
As part of Navy efforts to increase conversion opportunities for ERB eligible applicants, some of the waived conversion requirements include:
- Years of Service: Personnel with greater than 12 years of service will be considered
- Paygrade: All personnel, regardless of paygrade, will be considered for conversion.
- Personnel who are more than 12 months from their rotation date will be considered
- Minimum activity tour requirements are waived.
- Personnel in receipt of PCS orders will be considered for conversion.
- Existing obligated service requirements incurred as a result of reenlistment, training,
or other programs are waived.
Sailors who desire a conversion will need to submit, by June 15, a NAVPERS 1306/7 signed by their commanding officer or officer in charge (OIC), a signed memorandum prioritizing conversion requests, copies of all evaluations for the previous three years, a PRIMS print-out showing PFA scores for the previous four years, a print out of FleetRIDE qualification to the rating(s) they are applying for and any additional documents required for their targeted conversion ratings.
To learn more about the ERB, including eligibility requirements, read NAVADMIN 129/11 on Navy Personnel Commands website at, www.npc.navy.mil.
To learn more about the conversion opportunities available, to include a list of the eligible undermanned ratings, read NAVADMIN 160/11 at www.npc.navy.mil.
For more news from Chief of Naval Personnel, visit www.navy.mil/local/cnp/.