COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (NNS) -- The Navy/Coast Guard Team's archers and swimmers progressed to finals in preliminary action at the U.S. Olympic Training Center during the 2011 Warrior Games, May 18.
Machinist Mate 1st Class Michael A. Dayton advanced to the final round in recurve archery, while retired Chief Electrician's Mate Peter Allen Johns, retired Boatswain's Mate 1st Class Andre C. Shelby, and retired Chief Operations Specialist Gerald Williams advanced to the final in the compound archery competition.
Johns finished the day with the highest score among all participants in the compound qualifying round followed by Shelby. The recurve and compound archery finals will take place May 19.
The Navy/Coast Guard Team will look to add to the team's medal count during swimming finals May 20.
Advancing to the finals for Navy/Coast Guard are:
- Navy Lt. Daniel B. Cnossen in Men's 50- and 100-meter Freestyle (Multi-Disability), and Men's 50-meter Backstroke (Multi-Disability)
- Retired Navy Lt. John C. Edmonston in Men's 50-meter Freestyle Open (Multi-Disability)
- Retired Operations Specialist 2nd Class Joseph A. Frank in Men's 50-meter Backstroke Open (Multi-Disability)
- Special Warfare Boat Operator Chief Daniel Hathorn in Men's 50- and 100-meter Freestyle (Upper Body Amputee/Disability), and Men's 50-meter Backstroke (Upper Body Amputee/Disability)
- Construction Mechanic 3rd Class Aaron Heldreth in Men's 50-meter Freestyle (Lower Body Amputee)
- Aviation Ordnanceman 2nd Class Selemani Johnson in Men's 50- and 100-meter Freestyle (Multi-Disability)
- Navy Lt. Melanie Monts de Oca in Women's 50- and 100-meter Freestyle Open (Multi-Disability), and Women's 50-meter Backstroke Open (Multi-Disability)
- Hull Maintenance Technician 2nd Class Brandon A. Norris in Men's 50-meter Backstroke Open (Multi-Disability)
- Explosive Ordinance Disposal 1st Class Patrick Woodruff in Men's 50- and 100-meter Freestyle (Lower Body Amputee), and Men's 50-Meter Backstroke (Lower Body Amputee)
In sitting volleyball, the Navy/Coast Guard team faced Air Force and Special Operations Command. The team came away with a victory over Air Force team in two sets, but lost to Special Operations Command in a nail-biting, three-set match. The Navy/Coast Guard volleyball team will face the Marine Corps team May 19.
In wheelchair basketball, the Navy/Coast Guard team fell to the Marine Corps 28-9. The team, which won against Air Force May 17, will face Army in action May 19.
For more news from Chief of Naval Personnel, visit www.navy.mil/local/cnp/.