Obtaining Personal Awards, Unit Awards,
and Replacement Medals

Effective date: 15 March 2006

Veterans are entitled to one replacement set of their medals. The Standard Form (SF 180), Request Pertaining to Military Records, is recommended for requesting medals and awards. Provide as much information as possible and send the form to:

National Personnel Records Center
Military Personnel Records
9700 Page Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63132-5100

To obtain information about unit awards earned, please check the Navy Awards web site at https://awards.navy.mil

Reviewed: 15 September 2009