What is on the NAVPERS 1070/602 — Dependency Application/Record of Emergency Data (Page 2)?
The NAVPERS 1070/602 is used for both officer and enlisted members.
Prepare NAVPERS 1070/602 as follows:
- Part I serves as an application for dependency allowances and is used to capture military spouse data.
- Part II provides an immediately accessible, up-to-date record of emergency data and is the official document used to determine:
- Person(s) to be notified in case of emergency or death.
- Person(s) to receive the death gratuity.
- Person(s) to receive unpaid pay and allowances (arrears of pay) including money accrued during missing or captured status, unused leave, travel, per diem, transportation of family members, transportation of household goods, and savings deposits found due from the Department of the Navy.
- Dependents of members to receive allotment of pay if member is missing or unable to transmit funds.
- Commercial insurance companies to be notified in case of death.
- National Service Life Insurance, Servicemen's Group Life Insurance, and Veterans Group Life in effect.
|Parts I and II
|A member with dependents enters or renters the Navy or Naval Reserve.|
|There is a change in dependent status or number of dependents for a member on active duty|
|A reservist is on active duty, active duty for training, or temporary active duty for more than 30 days (see Verification below)|
|A member without dependents enters or reenters the Navy or Naval Reserve.|
|A reservist is on active duty for training or temporary active duty for less than 30 days (see Verification below)|
|There is a change in: |
- name or address of a dependent;
- next of kin other than a dependent;
- name or address of a beneficiary, allottee, or insurer;
- citizenship of spouse;
- any remarks on reverse side of the form.
When Not Required to Prepare — Do not prepare NAVPERS 1070/602 (complete or partial sets) when there is a change in the member's:
- beneficiary designation on the SGLI-8286, Servicemen's Group Life Insurance and Certificate (Nov 1992),
- duty station, or
- military spouse data.
Rule — Do not send copies of birth, death, divorce, or marriage certificates to the Bureau of Naval Personnel (Pers-313C1).
Active Duty ~ page 2 is verified when a:
- Member reports, permanent change of station.
- Member detaches, permanent change of station.
- Member's unit deploys.
- Member applies for a dependent's DD 1173, Uniformed Services Identification and Privilege Card (Mar 1961) (except when that dependent can be verified as enrolled in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) with a valid future expiration date).
- Member applies for Government housing .
- Member claims reimbursement for dependent's travel .
Inactive Duty ~ page 2 is verified when feasible, but in any event, upon each occasion that the member comes on active duty including active duty for training.
If correct, the member will so indicate by signing and dating the NAVPERS 1070/602 under "Certification of Designator." If incorrect, prepare a new form.
Back to the right side of an Enlisted Service Record
Back to the right side of an Officer Service Record