WASHINGTON (NNS) -- Acting Department of the Navy Chief Information Officer Dr. Kelly E. Fletcher has announced the selection of 10 individuals and teams to receive DON Information Management/Information Technology Excellence Awards for transforming the Navy and Marine Corps through information technology.
The awards are presented annually at both the DON IT West Conference and at the DON IT East Conference.
"This year, the DON IM/IT award nominees showed an impressive array of talent and leadership, making selecting the winners very challenging," noted Fletcher. "The following individuals and teams were selected for their superior efforts."
The DON IM/IT Excellence Awards: Imaginative concepts that challenged conventional thinking and resulted in the improved use of DON information.
- Joseph Walker, Enterprise Architect, Office of the Chief of Naval Operations/N2N6G
- Andre King, US Marine Corps Information Assurance Red Team Mission Lead, Marine Corps Cyberspace Operations Group
- Marine Corps Cyberspace Operations Group Unified Communications Team, led by Michael Caruso
The DON Information System Security Manager (ISSM)/Information System Security Officer (ISSO) of the Year Award: Contributions to security efforts that resulted in significant improvements in cyber hygiene.
- Timothy McVey, ISSM, Naval Special Warfare Cybersecurity Program
The DON Cyberspace/IT Person of the Year and Rising Star of the Year Awards: Individuals who display visionary thinking, innovation, and superior leadership skills in delivering IT to support the DON's mission.
- Person of the Year: CTNC (IW) Bernard Armer, Operations Chief/Team Lead, Defense Cyberspace Operations Team Afloat Task Group, Navy Cyber Defense Operations Command
- Rising Star of the Year: Brianeisha Eure, ISSM, Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center Atlantic, Medical Information Delivery, Defense Health Agency
DON Data and Analytics Consortium Trailblazer Award: Superior commitment to the use or application of data analytics for innovative solutions, research products or within training/education.
- Bureau of Naval Personnel Enterprise Information Management, led by Scott Pavelec
The Privacy Program Excellence Award: Exceptional commitment to advance an effective command privacy program.
- Bureau of Naval Personnel Privacy Cadre, led by Kathleen Eisenhour
The DON Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Program Excellence Award: Superior leadership performance and commitment to freedom of information.
- Headquarters Marine Corps FOIA Team, led by Sally Hughes
The John J. Lussier Electromagnetic Spectrum Award: Superior achievement in DON Electromagnetic Spectrum management and use.
- CWO4 Jerome Foreman, Headquarters Marine Corps/Command, Control, Communications and Computers (C4), Spectrum Management
Winners based on/near the west coast will receive their awards at the DON IT Conference, West Coast 2018, scheduled for Feb. 6-8 in San Diego. Winners based on/near the east coast will receive their awards at the DON IT Conference, East Coast 2018, scheduled for April 23-25, in Norfolk, Virginia. The conferences are held in fleet concentration areas on the west and east coasts to minimize cross-country travel by participants.
For additional questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org.