WASHINGTON (NNS) -- Navy announced updates to uniform policy, grooming standards and the launch of a uniform working group in NAVADMIN 233/18, Sept. 21.
Highlights of the changes include:
• Completion of fittings and wear tests for new, improved female officer and chief petty officer slacks and skirts, scheduled to be available for purchase by the end of 2018
• Announcement of the improved general safety boot (I Boot 4) with enhanced comfort and durability features, expected to be available for purchase in October 2018
• Commanding officer’s (CO) approval for the wear of coyote brown ball cap with coveralls and flight suits
• CO authorization of command logos on t-shirts worn with Navy Working Uniform (NWU) Type I, II and III, coveralls and flight suits
• Fingernail grooming standards for men and women, including guidance on length, shape and color of nails
• Lock hairstyle standards for wear, size, length and guidance for wear in uniform
• Wear guidance and changes to the allowed material for rings and bracelets
• Announcement for Sailors assigned to Marine Corps units, who must now abide by Marine Corps grooming standards when wearing Marine Corps uniforms
• Authorization and wear guidance for the optional simultaneous wear of the Post-Tour Command at Sea and Command Ashore/Project Manager insignia
Navy has launched a uniform policy working group to provide a forum for direct Fleet feedback on uniform wear and regulations. Commands interested in having a crew member participate in a future working group can submit a command endorsed request with the name, rank, rate and availability of the Sailor to the “Ask The Chiefs” email list at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sailors can provide feedback and recommendations on Navy uniforms and the Navy Uniform App at any time via the “Ask The Chiefs” email, on the Navy Uniform Matters Office website at www.npc.navy.mil, or a link available on the Uniform App.
Read NAVADMIN 233/18 in its entirety for details and complete information on all of the announced uniform changes, updates and guidelines at www.npc.navy.mil.
For more news from Chief of Naval Personnel, visit www.navy.mil/local/cnp/.