WASHINGTON (NNS) -- The following stories are airing on Television Direct-to-Sailor (TV-DTS), a satellite television service available aboard 160 ships of the fleet and via the Navy NewsStand Web site at www.news.navy.mil.
- Summerfest, an MWR-sponsored event, was recently held at Naval Station Norfolk.
- Former Oakland Raider Howie Long recently visited Naval Air Station Sigonella as part of a USO tour.
- The 30th annual maritime exercise Baltics Operations, or BALTOPS 2002, wrapped up this past weekend in the Baltic Sea.
Navy News Service headlines newscast-
- 28 suspected Al Qaeda and Taliban members arrived for in-processing and detention at Camp Delta, at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, last week.
- The New York City police commissioner and 20 top officials from the NYPD took part in a two-day seminar war game at the Naval War College last week.
Daily News Update features three newscasts each day -- one two-minute cast, a one-minute cast and a one-minute Navy News Service headlines cast.
Daily News Update can be seen broadcast throughout the day and evening on the Direct-to-Sailor satellite network. Check your local DTS program schedule for air times. Daily News Update can also be seen throughout the world on the Armed Forces Radio and Television Service (AFRTS).