WASHINGTON (NNS) -- Navy/Marine Corps News Program 2007-07
Headlines Ashore and Afloat for the week ending Feb. 17:
- The Secretary of the Navy talks about the future of transformation.
- All 46 V-22 Ospreys are grounded.
- USS Ronald Reagan Carrier Strike Group enters the 7th Fleet area of responsibility.
- Riverine Squadron 2 stands up.
- Doctors & Sailors from Expeditionary Medical Facility Kuwait provide medical care.
- Marine Corps Security Force Battalion trains anti-terrorism security teams.
- Sailors participate in the Humanitarian Support Over The Shore exercise in Guatemala.
We Are A Team :59
- Sailors in Sasebo, Japan, participate in a fire exercise during Exercise Keen Edge.
- Sailors in Sasebo, Japan, participate in a nuclear, biological and chemical exercise during Exercise Keen Edge.
- Marines participate in a legal exercise.
- Chief of Naval Operations Adm. Mike Mullen encourages all to read the current diversity policy.
- Program Manager Infantry Combat Equipment has developed a survey for Marines to provide feedback.
- "Why We Serve" nominations now are being accepted.
All Hands (February) :29
Our Town (Needles, Ca.) :59
- The E2C Hawkeye gets a new propeller.
- Veterans Village offers specialized care for service members.
- Sailors from Naval Station Souda Bay sponsor their own fashion show to enhance morale.
We would like your input, so call our Feedback Line: at (202) 433-6110 or DSN 288-6110 and leave a message. Send e-mail to: email@example.com. If you have a story you think would be of interest to the Navy/Marine Corps News worldwide audience, please contact the Assignment Desk at: Naval Media Center, Bldg. 168, 2713 Mitscher Road, SW, Anacostia Annex, Washington, DC 20373-5819, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact The Assignment Desk at (202) 433-0300 or DSN 288-0300. Distribution questions should be directed to Paul Hernandez, Comm : (202) 433-2105 or DSN 288-2105 or, email: email@example.com.