WASHINGTON (NNS) -- Daily News Update features six newscasts each day -
one two-minute newscast and five one-minute newscasts.
- Combined Task Force 151 deters piracy.
First one-minute newscast-
- Headlines from around the fleet: USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN 72) organizes an intelligence department, The Department of Defense introduces a new program, Team Strategies and Tools to Enhance Performance and Patient Safety, for enhanced healthcare.
Second one-minute newscast-
- Sailors can earn a retirement credit on their taxes by contributing to the Thrift Savings Plan.
Third one-minute newscast-
- Fleet Surgical Team 8 trains to support CTF 151.
Fourth one-minute newscast-
- Naval Station Rota, Spain, prepares for the Super Bowl.
Fifth one-minute newscast-
- Yokosuka, Japan, locals promote U.S. Navy hamburgers.
Defense Media Activity Anacostia produces six Daily News Update (DNU) newscasts: a two-minute newscast and five one-minute newscasts. DNU can be seen throughout the day and evening on the Direct-to-Sailor (DTS) satellite television service available aboard 160 ships of the fleet and via the Navy Web site at www.navy.mil. Check your local DTS program schedule for air times. DNU can also be seen throughout the world on the American Forces Radio and Television Service (AFRTS).