WASHINGTON (NNS) -- Daily News Update features six newscasts each day - one two-minute newscast and five one-minute newscasts.
- The 49th anniversary of Alan Shepard's Mercury 7 capsule launch was celebrated May 5.
First one-minute newscast-
- Headlines from around the fleet: Eleven midshipmen from the U.S. Naval Academy and two from North Carolina State University are selected to be the first women on submarines; Navy leaders testified about ship building plans before the Senate Armed Services Committee.
Second one-minute newscast-
- Chief of Naval Operations Adm. Gary Roughead commissions Navy Reserve officers in Tallahassee, Fla.
Third one-minute newscast-
- Navy instructors are an important part of every Sailors career.
Fourth one-minute newscast -
- Sailors in Millington, Tenn., are working around the clock to restore Naval Personnel Command systems after flooding.
Fifth one-minute newscast-
- Naval Support Activity Mid-South assists Sailors and their families after flooding in Millington, Tenn.
Defense Media Activity Anacostia produces six Daily News Update (DNU) newscasts: a two-minute newscast and five one-minute newscasts. DNU can be seen throughout the day and evening on the Direct-to-Sailor (DTS) satellite television service available aboard 160 ships of the fleet and via the Navy Web site at www.navy.mil. Check your local DTS program schedule for air times. DNU can also be seen throughout the world on the American Forces Radio and Television Service (AFRTS).
For more news, visit www.navy.mil.