WASHINGTON (NNS) -- Daily News Update features six newscasts each day - one two-minute newscast and five one-minute newscasts.
- Headlines from around the fleet: Chief of Naval Operations Adm. Gary Roughead attends the 34th Annual Conference of the Center for Ocean's Law and Policy; Adm. James Winnefeld takes command of North American Aerospace Defense Command and U.S. Northern Command; Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group deploys May 21.
First one-minute newscast-
- A local hairstylist helps out on USS Carl Vinson (CVN 70).
Second one-minute newscast-
- A Sailor trains to become a Navy SEAL.
Third one-minute newscast-
- The annual USS Stark Memorial Ceremony is held at Naval Station Mayport, Fla.
Fourth one-minute newscast-
- Naval Air Station Sigonella, Italy, Sailors play baseball against a local Italian team.
Fifth one-minute newscast-
- Children from Naval Air Station Sigonella, Italy, participate in the 25th Annual America's Kids Run.
Defense Media Activity Anacostia produces six Daily News Update (DNU) newscasts: a two-minute newscast and five one-minute newscasts. DNU can be seen throughout the day and evening on the Direct-to-Sailor (DTS) satellite television service available aboard 160 ships of the fleet and via the Navy website at www.navy.mil. Check your local DTS program schedule for air times. DNU can also be seen throughout the world on the American Forces Radio and Television Service (AFRTS).