WASHINGTON (NNS) -- Daily News Update features six newscasts each day - one two-minute newscast and five one-minute newscasts.
- Headlines from around the fleet: Secretary of Defense Robert Gates and Chairman of the Join Chiefs of Staff Adm. Mike Mullen talk about the military's latest budget; Navy Personnel Command announces new changes to selective re-enlistment bonus levels; The military's thrift savings plan is a useful program; the future USS Jason Dunham (DDG 109) conducts "super trials."
First one-minute newscast-
- Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group deploys in support of current operations.
Second one-minute newscast-
- Naval Station Norfolk participates in Citadel Protect 2010.
Third one-minute newscast-
- Naval Center for Combat and Operational Stress Control Conference is held in San Diego.
Fourth one-minute newscast-
- Phoenix Express 2010 prepares to end in-port training phase and begin at-sea training phase.
Fifth one-minute newscast-
- Diego Garcia helps to support air operations halted by the volcano in Iceland.
Defense Media Activity Anacostia produces six Daily News Update (DNU) newscasts: a two-minute newscast and five one-minute newscasts. DNU can be seen throughout the day and evening on the Direct-to-Sailor (DTS) satellite television service available aboard 160 ships of the fleet and via the Navy Web site at www.navy.mil. Check your local DTS program schedule for air times. DNU can also be seen throughout the world on the American Forces Radio and Television Service (AFRTS).
For more news from the fleet visit www.navy.mil