WASHINGTON (NNS) -- This week's overview of alleged sexual assaults was compiled based on 13 initial reports across the Navy from July 28 - August 3. This timeframe reflects only the receipt of the initial reports; five of the reported incidents occurred during this period, eight occurred outside of the report period. Each report will be fully investigated. Looking at this snapshot in time, we see the following:
* Six reports were from events that occurred on-base, three from an event that occurred off-base and four unknown.
* Twelve of the alleged offenders were male and one unknown.
* Among the 13 alleged offenders, six were petty officers, four were E3 and below, two were civilian and one unknown.
* Ten of the reported incidents were alleged to be service member on service member, two non-service member on service member and one unknown.
* Among the alleged victims, three were petty officers and 10 were E3 and below. Of these reported, the alleged victims were 13 females.
To contact a Sexual Assault Response Coordinator at the Department of Defense Safe Help Line, call (877) 995-5247.
To learn more about Navy's Sexual Assault Prevention and Response program, visit www.sapr.navy.mil.