WASHINGTON (NNS) -- This week's overview of alleged sexual assaults was compiled based on 27 initial reports across the Navy from November 17 - 23. This timeframe reflects only the receipt of the initial reports; seven of the reported incidents occurred during this period, 18 occurred outside of the report period and two reports incidents' timeframe were unknown. Each report will be fully investigated. Looking at this snapshot in time, we see the following:
* Eleven reports were from events that occurred on-base, eight from an event that occurred off-base and eight unknown.
* Among the 26 alleged offenders, one was an officer, one was a chief petty officers, nine were petty officers, three were E3 and below, four were civilian and eight were unknown.
* Twenty-four of the alleged offenders were male and two were unknown.
* Twelve of the reported incidents were alleged to be service member on service member, three were non-service member on service member, seven were service member on non-service member and five were unknown.
* Among the alleged victims, one was an officer, one was a midshipmen, four were petty officers, nine were E3 and below, 11 were civilians and one was unknown. Twenty-two of the alleged victims were females, four were male and one was unknown.
To contact a Sexual Assault Response Coordinator at the Department of Defense Safe Help Line, call (877) 995-5247.
To learn more about Navy's Sexual Assault Prevention and Response program, visit www.sapr.navy.mil.