WASHINGTON (NNS) -- This week's overview of alleged sexual assaults was compiled based on 11 initial reports across the Navy from March 30-April 5.
This timeframe reflects only the receipt of the initial reports; two occurred inside the report period, six occurred outside the report period and three occurred during an unknown report period. Each report will be fully investigated. Looking at this snapshot in time, we see the following:
* Seven reports were from events that occurred on-base, two were from events that occurred off-base, and two were from events that occurred at unknown locations.
* Among the 11 alleged offenders, five were petty officers, three were E3 and below, and three were unknown.
* Seven of the alleged offenders were male, two were female, and two were unknown.
* Six of the reported incidents were alleged to be service member on service member, two were service member on non-service member, and three were unknown.
* Among the 11 alleged victims, two were petty officers, six were E3 and below, two were civilian and one was unknown. Nine of the alleged victims were female and two were male.
To contact a Sexual Assault Response Coordinator at the Department of Defense Safe Help Line, call (877) 995-5247.
To learn more about Navy's Sexual Assault Prevention and Response program, visit www.sapr.navy.mil.