WASHINGTON (NNS) -- Nominations are now being accepted for the Department of the Navy Information Management/Information Technology (DON IM/IT) Excellence Awards. Submissions are due by Jan. 7.
The awards recognize the superior efforts of IM/IT projects, teams and individuals in helping to transform the Navy and Marine Corps by applying innovative solutions to DON information technology.
There will be one set of DON IM/IT Excellence awards recognizing accomplishments in 2015. However, winners based on/near the West Coast will receive their awards at the DON IT Conference, West Coast 2016, scheduled Feb. 17-19, 2016 at the San Diego Convention Center. Winners based on/near the East Coast will receive their awards at the DON IT Conference, East Coast 2016, typically held in May or June; details to be provided at a later date.
Nominations are now being accepted for the following:
* DON Information Management/Information Technology (IM/IT) Excellence Team and Individual Awards;
* John J. Lussier Electromagnetic Spectrum Award;
* DON IM/IT Innovative Solution Award;
* DON Cyberspace/IT Person of the Year Award and Rising Star of the Year Award;
* Information System Security Manager (ISSM)/Information System Security Officer (ISSO) of the Year Award;
* Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Program Excellence Award; and
* Privacy Program Excellence Award.
To be considered for a DON IM/IT Excellence Award, submit a nomination package through your Command Information Officer and local Commanding Officer via email to Christine Hanhausen at firstname.lastname@example.org and Joanne Wills at email@example.com by Jan. 7. Award winners will be notified by email no later than Jan. 29.
All packages must contain the following nominee information:
* Name of the individual or team being nominated. Note: If a team nomination, name of team leader and associated information on nomination form and a separate list of all team members, including name, grade/rank, command and email addresses.
* Name of the project associated with the award nomination, if applicable.
* Name, title, phone number and email address of the concurring Command Information Officer or Commanding Officer.
* Name, title and mailing address of the supervisor or person to whom the award letter should be sent if the individual or team is selected.
* Name, title, phone number and email address of the point of contact (POC) or person submitting the nomination.
* A one page award justification (8.5x11 inch paper, 1 inch margins, single spaced, 12 point Times New Roman font).
The award justification should include the following:
* Specifics of the DON program/project and the accomplishments of the nominee or team.
* The effort's beneficial results to the DON, including quantitative results or measures of improvement.
* How the project, effort, person or team meets the specific criteria for the award category. A brief summary or "citation" (125 words or less), which will be used as a general description for publication and for the award letters that will be sent to winners.
For more detailed information regarding the DON IM/IT Excellence Awards nomination and selection process, including eligibility and criteria click HERE.
For additional questions contact Hanhausen or Wills at the emails above.