PENSACOLA, Fla. (NNS) -- The Naval Education and Training Professional Development Center (NETPDC) launched a major redesign and upgrade of the Navy College Program (NCP) website Oct. 1.
Designed to complement and support the NCP's Virtual Education Center (VEC), the redesigned NCP website greatly improves the ability for Sailors, commands and academic institutions to access Voluntary Education (VOLED) information.
"The Navy has taken the lead in modernizing its VOLED program, ensuring Sailors have the same opportunities as their civilian counterparts," said Capt. Lee Newton, NETPDC commanding officer. "Our goal is to provide online access and support to Sailors pursuing voluntary education at the time and place that's most convenient for them, using the virtual tools with which they are already familiar."
According to Navy VOLED Director Ernest D'Antonio, the website enables Sailors to find specific educational information tailored to their individual needs.
"From getting started on their degree path, to applying for Tuition Assistance (TA), to taking those final classes for a master's degree - it's all here on the newly redesigned site," said D'Antonio.
Sailors will notice several new tools designed specifically for the NCP website:
1) Text and web-chat features available from 6 a.m. - 9 p.m. EST.
2) A searchable knowledge database with Frequently Asked Questions.
3) A "Call-Back" feature where the Sailor can complete an online form requesting a representative from VOLED contact them about a question or concern.
4) An E-Request/ticket system where a Sailor can complete an online request to have an issue resolved and tracked.
5) A self-scheduling tool for education counseling which will have separate calendars for the VEC and Navy College Offices in Kitsap, Wash., Jacksonville, Fla., Norfolk, Va., and San Diego.
6) The "Wizard" tutorial which takes Sailors step-by-step through the TA process with links to WebTA training and videos.
7) A centralized e-mail system where Sailors can choose from a list of standard subjects and their e-mail will be directed to the appropriate counselor for reply.
"The enhanced customer service system in the new website is a quantum increase in capabilities for our customers," added D'Antonio. "They now have the capability to live-chat with the VEC, submit a call-back request or search the new Knowledge Management database, all from a smartphone, tablet, home or NMCI computer."
The URL for the new Navy College Program website is: www.navycollege.navy.mil
The Navy's Virtual Education Center hours are from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST Monday - Friday and may be reached by calling: (877) 838-1659 or DSN 492-4684, or contacted via the website: http://www.livehelpnow.net/lhn/TicketsVisitor.aspx?lhnid=30432.
Sailors can also get the latest information by following Navy Voluntary Education on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NavyVoluntaryEducation/.
We value your feedback on the new look, feel and performance of the NCP website and VEC customer service! Please give us your feedback at: https://www.research.net/r/VEC_CUST_SVC_SURVEY_V1 .
Additional information about the Naval Education and Training Professional Development Center can be found via https://www.netc.navy.mil/netc/netpdc/Default.htm
For more information, visit www.navy.mil, www.facebook.com/usnavy, or www.twitter.com/usnavy.
For more news from Naval Education And Training Professional Development And Technology Center, visit www.navy.mil/local/NETPDTC/.