Chief of Naval Operations (CNO) Adm. John Richardson visited China and met with senior Chinese defense officials, Jan. 13 to 16, to discuss professional interactions at sea, specifically addressing risk reduction and operational safety measures.
Navy News Service Top Stories Top Stories RSS Feed
Calling it "the most important task before us in Surface Warfare," Vice Adm. Rich Brown, Commander, Naval Surface Forces, urged the Surface Warfare community to drive toward a culture of excellence.
The Norfolk based Arleigh Burke-class guided-missile destroyer USS Gravely (DDG 107) became the flagship for Standing NATO Maritime Group (SNMG) 1 during a ceremony in Copenhagen, Denmark, Jan. 14.
Headlines from Around the Fleet Other Headlines RSS Feed
- Marine Corps Installation Command Major General Vincent A. Coglianese Travels to NAVFAC EXWC
- CIAT Trains its First Ship
- SPAWAR Awards First IWRP Contract
- Carrier Strike Group 12 Welcomes Spanish Frigate Mendez Nñez To Naval Station Norfolk
- Joint Force Command Norfolk Conducts Trans-Atlantic Security Seminar
- Porter Sailor Honored as Navy Missile Defender of the Year
- Fleet Cyber Command/10th Fleet Announces 2018 Sea, Shore Sailors of the Year
- U.S. Fleet Cyber Command/U.S. 10th Fleet Visits IWTC Monterey
- NAS Pensacola Religious Ministries Celebrates 40th Birthday of Religious Programs Specialist Rating
- Pensacola Lighthouse Marks 160th Anniversary
- Officer Candidate School Graduations Now Being Live Streamed
- Navy Medicine's Physical Therapist of Year Focuses on Mission
- USS Donald Cook Departs NAVSTA Rota, Resumes 8th FDNF Patrol
- Secretary of the Navy Experiences Naval Air Training's High-Velocity Learning in South Texas
- Carrier Air Wing 7 Holds Change of Command