Official websites use .mil
Secure .mil websites use HTTPS
R 151851Z DEC 20 MID200000438914U
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC
MSGID/NAVADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/CNO/DEC//
SUBJ/CNO MESSAGE TO THE FLEET - COVID VACCINE//
RMKS/1. The nation and the Department of Defense are beginning to administer
vaccines for the SARS-CoV-2 virus. These vaccines, which are currently
voluntary, are a proven effective measure to better protect you, our Navy and
our nation from this insidious threat.
2. I ask that every member of our Navy team strongly consider receiving the
vaccine not only for yourself, but for your shipmates, your family, and your
fellow citizens. By maximizing vaccination among our force and maintaining
our mitigation measures of physical distancing, mask wearing, and hand
washing, we will begin the return to normal. I will receive the vaccine
shortly after it is made available to senior DoD leadership.
3. Initially, there will be a finite supply of COVID-19 vaccines, which will
first be administered to DoD and civilian health care professionals and
emergency responders those most at risk of exposure. Vaccinating this
population will take time, likely into January. We will make the vaccine
available more broadly through a tiered plan as production ramps up,
prioritizing those executing our most critical missions. I ask for your
patience until the vaccine is available for you, and your continued
compliance with those health measures we currently have in place.
4. If you have questions about the vaccine, please ask your medical
provider. Your health remains our number one priority and Navy leadership,
all of us, remain committed to being transparent about the vaccine delivery
and dissemination plan.
5. I continue to be extremely proud of our collective resilience and grit
during this challenging time. But we must REMAIN vigilant, even after
6. Safe and healthy is the goal for 2021! Together, we will make this
happen. Never more proud to be your CNO.
7. Released by Admiral Mike Gilday, Chief of Naval Operations.//
Google Translation Disclaimer