Whether based in the United States or abroad, Sailors held celebrations to mark the Navy's 243rd birthday with other service members, civilians, guests and community members while top leaders have sent messages to the fleet reflecting on the theme "Forged by the Sea."
Navy News Service Top Stories Top Stories RSS Feed
Naval Air Station Pensacola, Florida, will open an Emergency Family Assistance Center (EFAC) Monday, Oct. 15. The EFAC will be manned with Navy counselors prepared to assist evacuated military personnel and their families that are staying on or near the installation.
Guided-missile destroyer USS Shoup (DDG 86) will arrive in Suva as part of the ship's Oceania Maritime Security Initiative (OMSI) deployment, Oct. 14.
Headlines from Around the Fleet Other Headlines RSS Feed
- Adm. Foggo Commemorates Battle of Atlantic Ahead of Trident Juncture Events in Iceland
- U.S. Navy Divers Recover Oil from Wrecked WWII Prinz Eugen
- SMWDC Mine Warfare Division Certified as Theater Mine Warfare Commander
- NETSAFA Launches Inaugural International Officer Leadership, Ethics Course
- NAS Pensacola Emergency Responders Participate in Aircraft Crash Drill
- Get Ready to Get Stuck at Naval Hospital Bremerton's Flu Vaccination Clinic
- National Disability Employment Awareness Month 2018
- Winter is Coming, Are You Ready?
- NETC, Navy League Announce Alaska Sea Services Scholarship
- Orthopedic Clinic Keeps Patients Happy and Active
- Navy Medicine Leads the Way in 3D Breast Imaging
- USS Dwight D. Eisenhower Marks Installation of Unmanned Aviation Warfare Center
- Preventive Healthcare: Comfort's Plan Heading into First Stop
- USS Abraham Lincoln Undergoes Pierside Shipyard Availability
- PEO USC Program Office Wins Two Navy Acquisition Awards