Acting Secretary of the Navy Thomas B. Modly will name a future Gerald R. Ford-class aircraft carrier in honor of World War II hero Ship's Cook Third Class Doris Miller during a ceremony in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, Jan. 20.
Navy News Service Top Stories Top Stories RSS Feed
The Theodore Roosevelt Carrier Strike Group (TRCSG) departed San Diego for a scheduled Indo-Pacific deployment, Jan. 17.
Curriculum changes at Recruit Training Command (RTC) will provide boot camp graduates with more college credits and potentially save the Navy millions in tuition costs.
Headlines from Around the Fleet Other Headlines RSS Feed
- Rear Adm. Fort Makes First Visit to Diego Garcia
- VFA-103, VFA-143 and VAW-121 Returns from Deployment
- VP-45 Crew Locates Missing Mariner in Pacific
- CNP Talks HR Transformation at Surface Navy Association
- Navy Executes Hiring Initiative for Privatized Housing
- Navy Surgeon General Visits USS Frank Cable
- NMCP Celebrates RPs 41st Anniversary
- IWTC San Diego Sailor Develops Advancement Exam Preparation Pipeline
- USS Decatur Commanding Officer Relieved
- Sea Control Beyond the Strike Group: USS Detroit and USS Gridley Exercise Together
- Midshipmen Get Virtual Start to Navy Pilot Training
- Supporting the Mission by Supporting Your Career: Navy Counselor Assists Sailors Navigate Their Career Options
- Small Business Runway Extension Act Takes Effect - Good News for Small Business, NSWC Dahlgren Division
- USS Gerald R. Ford Hosts First-Ever Boy Scout Day
- Acting SECNAV Censures Retired U.S. Navy Chief Petty Officer