The Navy and Marine Corps have some readiness challenges, but both services are taking steps to address them, Navy Secretary Richard V. Spencer and a senior Government Accountability Office official told Senators today.
Navy News Service Top Stories Top Stories RSS Feed
The Navy updated the Selective Reenlistment Bonus (SRB) award plan for Active Component and Full Time Support Sailors and announced a pay for performance pilot program in NAVADMIN 302/18, released Dec. 13.
Under Secretary of the Navy, Thomas Modly, completed a three-day partnership-building visit to Norway, Dec. 12. Modly met with senior military and civilian officials to discuss security and stability issues and efforts along with touring some of the Norwegian assets and facilities.
Headlines from Around the Fleet Other Headlines RSS Feed
- Remembering the USS Utah
- Seventy-Seven Years Later, We Remember
- Ceremonial Guardsmen Support Funeral Services for President George H.W. Bush
- Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam Celebrates 'Blackened Canteen' Ceremony
- USS Omaha Blue Crew Conducts Change of Command
- Naval Information Forces Visits Joint Typhoon Warning Center
- Naval Weapons Station Seal Beach Announces Economic Impact Study Results
- USS Oklahoma Ceremony Honors Fallen Crew
- Stennis CSG and Essex ARG Conduct Integrated Operations in C5F
- NEX Bahrain Wins 2017 Bingham Award!
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group Returning Home
- Cross Hall Galley Trains Future Watch Captains
- Opening Ceremony Held at a Land-based Site in Trujillo, Honduras
- NMCP Hosts 20th Operation Bright Light with Help from Many First-Time Motorcycle Riders
- US 4th Fleet Hosts Annual Maritime Synchronization Conference