Rear Adm. Robert Girrier, deputy commander of U.S. Pacific Fleet, announced Logistics Specialist 1st Class Blanca Sanchez as the 2014 Sea Sailor of the Year (SOY) and Steelworker 1st Class Brenton Heisserer as the 2014 Shore SOY.
Navy News Service Top Stories Top Stories RSS Feed
Maritime security leaders gathered at U.S. Naval War College (NWC) in Newport, Rhode Island, March 25-26, to focus global military attention on seapower during the EMC Chair Symposium "Maritime Power and International Security."
Now is the time for command triads to start planning on how to use their Command Advancement Program (CAP) quotas to advance their top Sailors when CAP season begins July 1.
Subscribe to Navy News
Headlines from Around the Fleet Other Headlines RSS Feed
- Made for Men, Run by Women
- Students Compete During New York City Regional SeaPerch Challenge Competition
- Naval Weapons Station Yorktown Focused On Sexual Assault Prevention and Response
- USS Constitution Commencing Final Preparations for Dry Dock Entry
- Bonhomme Richard Brings the Fight to the Shore for KMEP 15
- Navy Hockey Teams Compete in Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society Benefit Game
- Shiloh Sailors Explore Singapore's Culture
- NMCB 3 Observes Women's History Month
- USS Plunger Veterans Celebrate with 50th Year Reunion Tour
- DESRON 21 Holds Change of Command at Naval Base San Diego
- Retired MCPON Visits Oahu
- America's Secret Weapon Honored at Luncheon
- World-wide Experts Discuss Pest Management Strategies at DoD Meeting
- Fleet Master Chief Beldo Helps SWOSU Celebrate Women's History Month
- RSG Groton Changes Command; Silver Eagle Title Passed Down