The 20th annual exercise Cooperation Afloat Readiness and Training (CARAT) Singapore commenced with an opening ceremony at Changi Naval Base, July 29.
Navy News Service Top Stories Top Stories RSS Feed
USNS Richard E. Byrd (T-AKE 4), a Lewis and Clark-class dry cargo ship, rescued nine crew members from a Yemeni-flagged cargo vessel that had lost power, was taking on water and was adrift in the Gulf of Oman, July 28, at approximately 9:00 a.m. local.
Nearly 4,000 Sailors and Marines from the Makin Island Amphibious Ready Group (ARG) and 11th Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU) departed San Diego on July 25 for a deployment in support of the Navy's maritime strategy.
Subscribe to Navy News
Headlines from Around the Fleet Other Headlines RSS Feed
- Hospital Corps Recognized by VFW for its Achievement as a Force Multiplier
- Camp Lemonnier CPO 365 Sailors Clean up Local Community
- US Navy, JMSDF VBSS Teams Build Unity Aboard McCain during Malabar 2014
- 'Hollywood to the Navy' Program Shows Entertainment Industry Why Platforms Matter
- Culinary Specialists Receive Professional Chef Training, Enhancing Skills and Morale
- Teamwork Key to Anti-Submarine Warfare for RIMPAC Participants
- Bureau Gets Service Members Debt Relief From Predatory Lender
- Sailors, Airmen come together for Patriot Partner 14
- RIMPAC's Maritime Component Commander Thanks Hawaii
- Students Practice STEM Skills as Crime Scene Investigators
- Mercy Holds Mass Casualty Drill During RIMPAC's Sea Phase
- EOD Mobile Unit 11 Holds Change of Command
- SECNAV Visits USS Independence
- Navy Sails into Seattle for Seafair Fleet Week
- America Embarks Trinidad and Tobago Distinguished Visitors