Hundreds of current and former crew members, 10 previous commanding officers, and their family members crowded onto the flight deck of the amphibious assault ship USS Peleliu (LHA 5) to bid farewell to the "Iron Nickel" during the ship's decommissioning ceremony at Naval Base San Diego, March 31.
Navy News Service Top Stories Top Stories RSS Feed
The Chief of Naval Operations held an all hands call for area Sailors at the Naval Air Technical Training Center (NATTC) on board Naval Air Station (NAS) Pensacola March 31.
A message from Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy Mike Stevens on 122 years of chief petty officer excellence April 1.
Subscribe to Navy News
Headlines from Around the Fleet Other Headlines RSS Feed
- Chief of Naval Research Talks Naval STEM Workforce at Upcoming Expo
- Chief Petty Officers Celebrate 122ND Birthday at NSA Bahrain
- USS Forrest Sherman Hosts Albanian Dignitaries
- USS Farragut Concludes Palma de Mallorca Port Visit
- Did You Know: SAAPM 2015
- USS Wayne E. Meyer Holds Change of Command Ceremony
- Sailor Becomes First Enlisted Officer of the Deck
- CO and CMC of Kandahar Medical Unit Relieved of Duty
- Don't Ask For A Light At Naval Hospital Jacksonville
- USNS Comfort Deploys In Support of Continuing Promise 2015
- Marquette Midshipmen and Cadets Receive Accolades
- Medical Research: Providing Answers for Patients as well as Providers
- Midshipmen Participate in Homeless Resource Day
- Author Brenda Jackson Speaks at SERMC's Women's History Month Observance
- USNS Trenton (JHSV 5) Completes Acceptance Trials