An official website of the United States government
Here's how you know
A .mil website belongs to an official U.S. Department of Defense organization in the United States.
A lock (lock ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .mil website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Wave background image


Quick Links

Help me find my military records

  • How do I obtain copies of my military personnel or employment records to file my CLJA claim?

    Click here: Veterans' Service Records | National Archives

    To expedite the claims process, the Department of the Navy will not require claimants to provide military personnel and/or federal employment records at the time of the initial filing of the CLJA claim. Substantiating records may be requested on a case-by-case basis following the Navy’s evaluation of the claim.

    If substantiation is needed, claimants or their designated representatives will be notified via the Claims Management Portal to provide substantiating documents to the Department of the Navy. The claimant can then work with National Archives and Records Administration to obtain records as needed to substantiate their claim. For information on requesting military records, please visit the National Archives at the link above.






Google Translation Disclaimer

Guidance-Card-Icon Dept-Exclusive-Card-Icon